What makes France so desirable?
What makes France so desirable? Is it the:
- architecture dating back to Roman and medieval times, through to the grand 17th/18th century Napolean directed/inspired buildings and even today's modern structures such as the Louvre glass pyramid and Pompidou Centre?
- landscape diversity having coastline for three of its borders, a significant number of mountains including the highest peak in Europe and quaint villages set amoungst picturesque countryside?
- culture with its numerous museums, classic monuments, unique films, impressionist art pieces and music played by streetcorner accordion players to songs by Edith Piaf?
- food which is very important to the french who spend a lot of time eating, planning and preparing their cuisine that includes baguettes, camembert, chocolate profiteroles, escargot?
- romance from the french language itself and couples kissing freely on the streets of Paris to the sexy Moulin Rouge cabaret with its topless dancers?
After contemplating this question for quite a while now, I still have to probably say je ne sais pas but there has to be a reason behind France being the most visited country in the world. The answer is probably that it is all of these combined or the fact that there are so many things for people to desire about France.