Millefeuille in French means thousands of sheets
- 500g ready-made puff pastry
- 300ml double cream
- 400g strawberries Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- Cut the puff pastry into rectangles 12cm x 8cm and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 deg C or until well risen.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Whisk the double cream into soft peaks.
- Wash, hull and quarter the strawberries
- Whiz til smooth half the strawberries in a blender with the lemon juice and icing sugar.
- Sieve to remove the seeds.
- Place one piece of pastry in the centre of each plate and top with the cream mixture.
- Slice remaining strawberries and lay a few on top of the cream, drizzle with the sauce.
- Add another pastry slice, then another layer of strawberries and cream.
- Top with the final piece of pastry and dust with icing sugar.