Thouarsais townhouse and village information
One of two renovated townhouses remains for sale, by UK builders Bob and Gareth, with 2 bedrooms, polished floors, electric heating and a fireplace. It has a small garden and parking space plus views to the countryside. Set on the outskirsts of a rural but active village, the property is calm and very private. The cottage has been renovated using local Vendéen materials, alongside the existing stone and original beams, ensuring all the original charms and character of the cottage remain.
Thouarsais-Bouildroux is a village of 700 people, nestling in the hills between Chantonnay, La Châtaigneraie and Fontenay-le-Comte. The village was formed in 1827 by a merger of two adjacent villages Thouarsais and Bouildroux into one unit. At the heart of the village is the 14th century church, with its castellated tower (the 13th century church of Bouildroux still exists but is today used as a barn by a local farmer and, as such, is usually full of hay). There are numerous other historic buildings and sites to visit in the area (Logis, Chateaux, and lime kilns). Today the main activity of the area is agriculture including cattle and orchards. Around the local countryside are numerous walks, all well signed, a lake (Plan d'eau des Noues) and other touristic attractions.
Price 65,000 euro - email us for Gareth and Bob's contact details ... SORRY SOLD