Vienne (Cb447b) property for sale
Impressive, Large Village House 140m² with enclosed courtyard and attached land of 4000m²
Set in a small village, which has daily bread deliveries a grocery/produce van delivery every week together with a post office service at the Mairie. The nearest shop, school, Bar, and Post office are only 4kms away. The 11th Century town of Montmorillon is 11kms away and has all the amenities required for everyday life.
The property is on a corner plot, with a front and side entrance. Further barn like doors give access to a passage leading to a completely private courtyard, with several outbuildings. At the top of the courtyard are metal gates which then lead to the attached land.
The property is habitable but requires internal decoration and updating which is reflected in the price. The property has oil fired central heating (this is a relatively new system) with original cast radiators in every room. The roof appears to be in good condition. Mains Drainage and electricity are connected and the house has its own water supply. Limoges airport is approximately an hour away. Broadband is available.
The Property comprises:
- Main House:
- Ground Floor:
- Hallway (Main front Entrance) - 10.6 x 2m with double opening original oak door. Further original features are the oak staircase, built in cupboard and tiled floor. The staircase runs the full height of the house into the grenier (loft space). At the far end of the hallway is a half glass panelled door leading to the enclosed courtyard.
- Living Room - 4.6 x 5.1m with parquet floor, ceiling rose, stone fireplace, original cupboards to either side and double window to front of property.
- Kitchen - 4.6 x 5.1m with tiled floor, butler sink, small window over sink and double window overlooking courtyard.
- Bathroom - 3.4 x 1.3 with washbasin, bidet, hi bath and W.C
- First Floor:
- Bedroom 1 - 3.3 x 2.2 with washbasin and double window overlooking courtyard and views to the land beyond
- Bedroom 2 - 5 x 4.6 with washbasin, original stone fireplace and double window overlooking courtyard and views to the land beyond
- Bedroom 3 - 5 x 4.63 with washbasin, original stone fireplace and double window to front of property
- Landing area with window overlooking front of property and door into grenier.
- A door from the kitchen leads to an area previously used as a separate dwelling here we have:
- Room 1 - 4.3 x 2.45 with handbasin, and double window to front of property.
- Room 2 - 4.3 x 3.6 with sink, wood burning stove, half glazed door (side entrance to property) and a second door leading to Room 3 - 4.1 x 2.5 with barn doors leading to side of property
- Staircase leading to Grenier 1 - This runs almost the whole length of the outbuildings on the left hand side of the property; it has shuttered windows to both sides.
- Courtyard, with 4 small outbuildings to the right one of which is the original wood W.C., (very quaint!) The other is being used for chickens and wood stores.
- The outbuildings to the right of the main house are:
- Undercover area with barn doors leading to side of property. A cool retreat from the courtyard and ideal for outdoor dining.
- Central Heating/Boiler Room
- Workshop with water tank and pump
- A further room above workshop is accessed from an outside stairway, this could have an entrance made to give access across all the outbuildings on this side of the property or incorporated into the workshop area to give a gite/granny annexe/studio, the potential here is enormous.
- Adjacent to the outbuildings, a double gate gives access to the 4000m² of land, at present meadow with various trees and bushes.
This property is priced at: 91,550 €
The price stated is inclusive of agency fees, notaire's fees and government taxes. What you see is the price you pay, there are no hidden extras!
If you are interested in this property, email us