Vienne3, Poitou-Charentes property for sale
4 bedroom House with 2 bedroom Guest Accommodation & Barn
This well presented, ready to move into former farmhouse built in the 1850's is set in a popular town along the Charente River, and within walking distance of shops, yet quietly tucked away down a typical French side street. The back of the property looks out onto open countryside. Across the road at the front of the property is a 2 storey barn currently used as a garage & wood store. The property is connected to mains electricity, water, has secondary double glazing to the front of the property and benefits from an oil fired central heating system. Broadband is available. Limoges & Poitier airports are approximately an hour away.
The Property Comprises:
- Glazed entrance door opening into vestibule with door leading to W.C with hand basin.
- Main Living Room - approx 6 x 5½ m, with tiled floor, painted walls, ceiling with rosace, wood burning fire, original cupboard for storage and three panel window overlooking front of property.
- Kitchen - approx 5 x 4m with tiled floor, half tiled walls, fitted base & wall units, cooker, and painted ceiling. Half glazed door leading to lane at side of property.
- Utility Room - approx 3 x 2m with tiled floor, painted walls, cold water sink, plumbing for washing machine and central heating boiler.
- Second Utility Room - approx 4 x 3m which is 2 storey.
A winding oak staircase leads from the Salon to...
- Landing area with chestnut boarded floor and walk in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 1 - approx 4½ x 3¼ m, with chestnut boarded floor, neutral walls, exposed oak beams and double window overlooking front of property.
- Bedroom 2 - approx 4½ x 3m, currently used as an office/study with chestnut boarded floor, neutral walls, exposed oak beams and double window overlooking front of property.
- Bedroom 3 - approx 3½ x 3½ m, with chestnut boarded floor, neutral walls, exposed oak beams, built in cupboard and double window facing side lane.
- Bedroom 4 - approx 3½ x 3½ m, with chestnut boarded floor, neutral walls, exposed oak beams, built in cupboards (one of which houses the hot water cylinder) and a Velux window. This room also has a small mezzanine area in the rafters and with a little imagination would be ideal for a teenager/child to occupy.
- Shower Room, with W.C. Vanity Unit, storage cupboard and heated towel rail.
The main house is adjoined to the guest accommodation via a half-glazed veranda, entering through double French doors into...
- Open Plan L-Shaped Living/Kitchen/Dining Room - approx 7½ x 6m reducing to 3 ½m at bathroom end, with oak paneled floor, neutral walls, brick open fireplace, sink unit, radiator and glazed window overlooking side lane.
- W.C. with tiled floor & walls, sink and bath with shower attachment.
- Winding oak staircase leads to landing.
- Bedroom 5 - approx 6 x 4m, with oak floor, built in cupboards and window overlooking side lane.
- Bedroom 6 - approx 6 x 3m, with oak floor and window overlooking terraced garden with views of the countryside.
- Terraced area, with partial covering and enclosed flower beds.
- Graveled area leading to vegetable garden and orchard.
- Workshop, currently used for sculpting, with covered patio area, which could be converted into a small annex for visitors.
- Across the road from the property is a 2 storey Barn, with forecourt/parking area.
This property is priced at: 147,400 €
The price stated is inclusive of agency fees, notaire's fees and government taxes. What you see is the price you pay, there are no hidden extras!
If you are interested in this property, email us
Rent Our Properties
Property Purchasing Information