Vienne 1, Poitou-Charentes property for sale
Secluded Detached House with 2 Barns, Outbuildings and Pond set on 4769m²
This property is ready to move into, but has the potential to be expanded via the barns & outbuildings. The property itself has retained many original features, one of the former owners was a stone mason and this is evident throughout the property, the stone work in the main house is exceptional in its workmanship and detail. The property is accessed through a narrow woodland lane, no other houses are accessed through this lane, it is totally private. The property is connected to mains electricity, water, broadband internet and drainage via a septic tank. Heating currently by wood burning fire and cooker, however pipes have been laid under the lounge, kitchen and bathroom floors to accommodate central heating radiators. Poitiers airport is 45 minutes away. There is a small village just 10 minutes away with a bar/restaurant and post office. The larger town of St Savin is only 10km away and Chauvingny 20kms away.
The property is surrounded by woodland & farmland, their is no passing traffic; Ideal for someone looking for somewhere to move into immediately, but also wanting the chance to make their mark on the property with renovation of the outbuildings and barn.
The Property Comprises:
- Half glazed stable door entrance into kitchen 23m ² approx, with original quarry tiled floor, neutral painted walls and exposed oak ceiling beams. Sink unit, wood burning cooker, window with exposed stone work. Television point and socket for electric oven.
- Main Living Room/Lounge 40m² approx, half glazed door, exposed stonework and two double windows overlooking the front of the property. Reclaimed quarry tiled floor, lime plastered walls, feature stonework around all windows and doors and exposed oak ceiling beams. Alcove, with rounded stone plinth, and detailed brickwork interior. Wood burning fire set in original stone fireplace. Colombage to rear wall.
- Door leading to small hallway and Bedroom 1 - Former lean to extension to house approx 6 x 5m², with tiled floor, painted walls exposed beams and Velux window
- Store Room approx 5 x 4m², with boiler. Porcelain sink, window overlooking back of property and door leading to rear of property. This room together with the downstairs bedroom could be converted into a granny annex/studio flat.
Hallway with detailed brick/lime rendered walls in a "Tudor" design leading to:
- Utility Room with plumbing for washing machine. Staircase leading to third bedroom.
- Bathroom approx 4 x 3m², with vanity unit, walk in "wet room" shower and glazed window to front of property.
- Separate W.C.
Oak double turn staircase leading to:
- Bedroom 2 - approx 22m², original parquet floor, painted walls and half glazed stable door. This would suit itself to a balcony attachment, giving an open air breakfast area, with magnificent views over the surrounding countryside.
- Bedroom 3 - approx 20m², with carpeted floor, painted walls, exposed stone work around window area and exposed oak ceiling trusses. Double glazed window with view over front of property.
- Bedroom 4 - with carpeted floor, painted walls, exposed stone work around window area and exposed oak ceiling trusses. Double glazed window with view over front of property and smaller double glazed window overlooking side of property.
Outside the property we have:
- Barn 1 - approx 19 x 10m², with original stone mangers
- Barn 2 - approx 21 x 15m² with electricity installed, currently used as a workshop/garage
- Pond approx 150m²
- Well stocked orchard, with Mirabelle, Plum, Pear, Walnut, Fig, Apple to name a few, together with vines and raspberry bushes
- Various other outbuildings
This property is priced at: 173,850 €
The price stated is inclusive of agency fees, notaire's fees and government taxes. What you see is the price you pay, there are no hidden extras!
If you are interested in this property, email us.
Rent Our Properties
Property Purchasing Information