Facts about winter (hiver) in France
- Average tempatures in most major centres range from just below zero to max of low teens, on average there will be a few days where snow will fall during winter.
- Christmas falls during winter in France and there are plenty of Christmas markets
- France is a popular destination for skiing with around 400 ski resorts mostly spread across its six mountain ranges: Alps, Jura, Vosges, Massif Central, Corsica and Pyrenees.
- One of France's two government-regulated sales periods occurs in winter, in January.
- Paris holds an annual winter dance festival (Faits d'hiver) from mid January to mid February. It also has open air iceskating
Article on travel during winter provided by Holidays to Europe
Photos of France during winter