Facts about Spring in France
- Spring is known as ‘printemps’ in French, from old French ‘prins’ (first) and ’temps’ (time as in weather).
- Officially the season of spring starts on 21 March and ends on 20 June (with 21 June being the official start of summer).
- There are many events/holidays that occur in France during Spring including April Fools Day, Paris Marathon, Easter/Pâques, May Day, Cannes Film Festival
- Flowers make spring special notably the pink cherry blossoms in Paris, the blooming apple trees in Normandy, the white May day flowers and red poppies with the ANZAC Day link for us.
- The tourist season restarts during spring with extended hours at museums, gardens and sites of interest and Monet’s Garden in Giverny opens.
- Many songs have been written about springtime in Paris, the most famous being Ella Fitzgerald's I Love Paris (in the Springtime).
Rent Our Properties
Property Purchasing Information