Autumn (automne) facts
As the temperatures drop and the days grow shorter, France shows its autumn colors in all their glory. Autumn in France is celebrated by many festivities including:
- Paris’ Festival d’Automne (Sept – Xmas) has literature, film and theatre from around the world
- Montmartre’s wine harvest has celebrated the arrival of new wine from its vineyard since 1934
- In Vimoutiers, Normandy, the annual apple fair awards the Most Beautiful Apple/Delicious Cider
- In November, the Nouveau Beaujolais is released and truffle season starts (Perigord and Provence)
- Many local autumn/chestnut festivals area held including one in Collobrieres, Provence, as well as one at our Maison de Rurale near Pouzauges.