Poulet (chicken) a la Provencale
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced, plus 1 teaspoon minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 whole chicken
- Toss together chopped tomatoes and wedged onion, olives, sliced garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Put vegetables at teh sides of a baking dish, to make room for chicken.
- Stir together minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining teaspoon herbes de Provence, and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Remove excess fat from chicken and pat dry, then rub inside and out with seasoning mixture.
- Tie legs together with string, then put chicken in baking dish.
- Roast in oven 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours at 400 deg F.
- Decorate if desired with additional olives and herbs/basil/parsley.
Can serve with potatoes.
Rent Our Properties
Property Purchasing Information